A Man of Numbers

Proof that Accountants are dull

Friday, March 17, 2006

Hair Today

On the tram to work this morning I spotted something I have never seen before. One of my fellow travellers was, shall we saw follicly challenged. Alright, his hair was thinner than Calista Flockheart. I am in the fortunate position to have a full head of hair, no signs of receding and only a very few grey ones hidden amidst the mass. What I cannot understand is what this gentleman had decided to do, in an effort to deny mother nature's attack on his crowning glory. He had grown the twenty or so hairs that he still had at the front to such a length that he could scrape them back to try and act as a cover for his massive bald patch. It was a bit like using 20 rubber bands to cover a football pitch - never going to happen. I've seen a side comb over before, but never a front comb over. Comb overs don't have much going for them, except comedic value, especially in strong winds. I would like to think that should I be similarly afflicted I would just shave the remaining hair short and wear my baldness with as much pride as I could muster. If he had made a smiliar choice I don't think I would have even noticed him, and my eyes would not be drawn to his head, like a moth to a flame. What must this man ask for when he visits the barber? "A little off the sides please, but don't touch the front!" How does he wash his hair? Carefully cinch all these extra long hairs together and gently wash them to avoid extra loss? Too many questions and scenarios in my mind now.

1 Comments:

  • At 3/19/2006 09:15:00 PM, Blogger Fig said…

    I've seen men with the front comb over... disgusting! What the hell?

    I just want to walk up to them and say Please please please shave that off! Let me help? hee...

    sorry... I have a thing for bald men you know.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home