A Man of Numbers

Proof that Accountants are dull

Monday, March 13, 2006

Danger Unexploded Nappy

A quiet weekend by current standards. I was wishing we'd gone to visit Grandma Zilla this weekend, she's now snowed in. I would have loved to make that phone call: "Sorry, I can't come to work today, I'm snowed in" Woo Hoo! I was wishing we were snowed in on Saturday. Mrs Zilla decided that a new ironing board was required, and that we should have a trip to IKEA in Warrington to purchase a new one. My life is all glamour and excitement I know. It's a long story, but she was still enamoured by the last ironing board we got from there, about 8 years ago, despite it now falling to bits. I tried to raise the point that they were unlikely to still stock the same type, but for a quiet life I drove to IKEA. Unsurprisingly they don't still stock the same boards and the replacements didn't match Mrs Zilla's expectations. So we returned home empty handed. Sunday saw a trip to Casualty, but somehow I don't think this will make it onto any TV programme. William had not had a poo since Monday, and this was a cause for some concern, especially when thinking about what could happen when the dam finally burst, so to speak. Now, I don't want us to appear like paranoid parents, and casualty was not our first point of call. Mrs Zilla rang our doctor on Friday morning expressing concern that William had not poohed since Monday, asking if she could see the doctor later that day. Apparently 9 week old babies are not deemed important enough to get an emergency appointment and the advice received was to go to hospital. Not wishing to appear like over concerned parents, we didn't rush off to hospital, but by Sunday morning, with no developments so to speak, we decided he might need some assistance. Cue a relatively short wait in the Emergency department and following assessment an enema was prescribed for the little fella. The doctor left the room to procure the necessary bits, when there was an almighty sound. A bit like a bang, a bit like thunder. Yes, William had decided that was the right time to unleash the torrent of poo that was inside him. A relief all round, as I don't think the doctor was looking forward to giving such a small baby an enema. The first of many stories to tell his first girlfriend when she comes round....

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home