A Man of Numbers

Proof that Accountants are dull

Monday, March 06, 2006

Weekend Away

On Friday we were driving up to the Lakes, after we’d picked Godzooky 1 up from school. As we ventured higher in altitude the snow began to hit us. We got to experience real snow whilst we were up there: stuff you could actually play in and do things with. It was Godzooky 2’s first real experience of snow, in any real quantity, and she wanted to join in all the fun, but was really unsure what to make of it all. Neither of the elder children were particularly keen to join in my sledging on plastic bags, but I endeavoured to show them how much fun it could be. I was not just enjoying myself, honest! The secret seats were deployed in the car for the first time this weekend. These are the seat that fold completely flat in the boot, but can be raised to increase the seating capacity to 7. These were a big hit with the kids, the excitement of having their own little part of the car and the way the seats magically appeared proving to be of almost pant-wetting proportions. It almost became too much when I thought I’d got the car stuck in snow. We were travelling along a narrow country lane and the person in the 4x4 coming the other way wasn’t going to give way. A few seconds of wheel spinning had me wondering which of the non-drivers in the car would be best equipped to take the wheel, if I needed to push the car out. Thankfully we got some traction before I needed to start Ip-Dipping to make my decision! It was really good to get away for the weekend, leaving all the stresses of work behind. Playing in the snow has certainly recharged me, and for once on a Monday morning I don’t feel totally drained. I think Grandma Zilla may be feeling the complete opposite. She gets run ragged by the kids, as they try to monopolise her attention. She enjoys it, but I think her waving off on a Sunday evening has added enthusiasm. It was good for her to get a decent amount of time with William, rather than just a few snatched hours on a day trip that she’s had up to now.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home