A Man of Numbers

Proof that Accountants are dull

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

WTF?

I take a day off and the world of blogging, ok, my world of blogging, turns upside down. If people aren’t taking a break, or relocating to Myspace, then they’re disappearing completely due to psychos. I was off work yesterday while Mrs Zilla had an afternoon out with her friends. This meant going for a meal and “a couple of glasses of wine”, as she put it. I didn’t believe her at the time and I believed her even less when she turned up at 9pm declaring that she wasn’t drunk. Me thinks that the lady doth protest too much! This morning she had no recollection of the meal I cooked her or the complete load of tosh she talked about while I was cooking. She’s feeling a little delicate, despite her protests that she didn’t drink that much. I always end up a smug bastard at this point, as I never suffer with hangovers. Of course I take no delight in the suffering Mrs Zilla goes through…. Sunday was great father-son bonding time. I took Godzooky 1 to his second ever football match, his first ever FA Cup match, at Preston. He always enjoys time spent exclusively with us, yet never appears to resent the presence of the other children normally. I kept the match as a surprise, only telling him about it on Saturday as we watched one of the other cup games together. To say he was excited would be something of an understatement. We made it to Preston with plenty of time to spare, and Godzooky 1 enjoyed spotting all the other Middlesbrough fans wearing the same replica shirt as he was. The Boro end of the ground was packed, and the game appeared to be a sell out. Godzooky 1 was a little unnerved by the amount of noise before kick off. It was very raucous, but he soon got used to it, and was even joining in with some of the chants and songs. He must have been enjoying himself, because despite a very dull first half, he was surprised when the half time whistle went. Thankfully the team formation changed at half time and we were at the right end to see both goals Middlesbrough scored in the second half. It was nice to have some friendly banter with a couple of Preston fans on our walk back to the car. I wonder if I mention to the club that Godzooky 1 could be a lucky talisman ( he hasn’t seen them lose yet) whether they’ll pay for us to attend all future matches?

2 Comments:

  • At 2/21/2006 02:41:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My eldest is often going on about alone time with me and her. She loves it too. either that or its a good emotional blackmailing excuse to stay up later than the other two and drag out bedtime!


    Wait a min...

    Damn! ;)

     
  • At 2/22/2006 07:47:00 AM, Blogger Godzilla said…

    No flies on her!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home