A Man of Numbers

Proof that Accountants are dull

Thursday, February 16, 2006

The Things People Say

I play football every week, 5-a-side, with a very varied bunch of people. The ten people playing alters according to who is available or fit enough. There is one guy, who plays most weeks, who owns his own PR company. He’s a nice bloke, gets free tickets to things for us sometimes, and seems fairly well grounded. Last night he totally amazed me with something he said. Normally he turns up in his convertible BMW, but last night he trundled into the car park driving a Toyota Yaris, something he would not normally be seen dead in. Apparently he’d been at his gym last Friday, had a workout and was having a shower afterwards, when his bag got stolen. He swears he had it in view until he was washing his hair. The thief must have waited until he wasn’t looking then nipped off with the bag, found his car keys, and taken his BMW. The gym’s CCTV caught the culprit on camera, but the police have not yet been to the gym to collect it. This is driving our footballing chum mad. He’s offered to deliver it to the police station (which is only 600 yards from the gym apparently) himself, but the police are insisting they’ve got to collect it! So in the meantime his insurance company have arranged the Yaris as a replacement vehicle, which he is also not too impressed about. What amazed me last night though, was something he said to another bloke playing. This other bloke works as a doorman, or bouncer, in some rather unsavoury clubs and pubs. He also is a great bloke, but I wouldn’t want to get on the wrong side of him, if you know what I mean. PR man approaches Bouncer and says in the middle of the changing room: “You know a lot of dodgy people. Can’t you use your underworld contacts to find the scally that nicked my car?” Priceless.

6 Comments:

  • At 2/16/2006 02:14:00 PM, Blogger Ticharu said…

    Every time I read about the huge pass your government gives to the criminals in Britan I go buy another gun!
    BTW if you are going to sharpen any spoons, you'll want to sharpen the handle into a point.
    How are you suppose to cut up the vegies for dinner???
    And who is making $$$ off these asinine scemes?
    Who exactly is going to have gun and knives in your country? Just the criminals right?
    I'm picking up more ammo too!!! :)
    You see, after they finish ripping the guts out of your country, they'll be trying the same thing over here...

     
  • At 2/17/2006 02:35:00 AM, Blogger Fig said…

    I have a gun... that doesn't make me evil. And I have my reasons for owning a gun... good reasons.

    That's all I'm going to say.

     
  • At 2/17/2006 05:40:00 AM, Blogger Ticharu said…

    I was beaten and robbed by 2 people who had weapons when I did not. They went on to rape, rob and murder for 2 more years. If I had been armed they would be dead.

    That's all I'm going to say :)

    I'm just teasing Godzilla anyway... all in jest!

     
  • At 2/17/2006 07:50:00 AM, Blogger Godzilla said…

    We have a slightly different view over here - there are fewer guns around, knives are a growing problem though.

    It doesn't make me want to carry a knife around.

    If I lived in the US, where a lot of people have guns, I may have a different outlook.

    Right can I get everbody a drink now? What are you all having?

     
  • At 2/17/2006 02:13:00 PM, Blogger sdk said…

    I'm afraid I'd have to take matters into my own hands on this one like your buddy. You feel so helpless when something like this happens you just want to freak...

    sdk

     
  • At 2/06/2007 06:54:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home