A Man of Numbers

Proof that Accountants are dull

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Cars

I was listening to the radio this morning when Cars by Gary Numan came on. Humming along to the synth riffs I was idly thinking that Gary was pretty prophetic, people do spend a lot of time in their cars. Given the way that they behave they probably do feel "safest of all" in them, showing little regard or concern for the rest of the world around them. Then he reached the line "Here in my car I can only receive", oh dear Gary, if only you had known about the advent of mobile telephones. People can now transmit, as well as receive. Those really talented ones can transmit, receive, steer with their knees while eating a sandwich. Well, back to the grindstone, at this rate I'll have no nose left....

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home