A Man of Numbers

Proof that Accountants are dull

Friday, March 10, 2006

Football

This post is mainly for my reference when I look back, there may be something of more interest above or below, I'm not promising though. Last night Middlesbrough played AS Roma, one of the European football heavyweights in the UEFA cup. A one nil victory was ground out, despite Roma being odds on favourites not only to win the trophy, but demolish Middlesbrough last night. Twenty years ago the club was declared insolvent and the old ground locked up. The team trained in local parks and played games on a borrowed ground. Since then local businessmen have invested and built a state of the art stadium, brought international players to the club, won a trophy for the first time in the club's history and played in a major European competition. I only wish my dad, who introduced me to the delights and pain of watching them could have seen last night's achievment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home