A Man of Numbers

Proof that Accountants are dull

Friday, September 01, 2006

It's almost

the weekend, and for a short week this seems to have dragged. In an effort to cheer myself up I have just purchased Month Python and the Holy Grail on DVD. I've already got it on video, but who watches those any more? I'll probably have to get it on Blue Ray or something in about 10 years too! My thanks go to Snav for mentioning it recently and reminding me what a cracking film it is. Part of my needing cheering up stems from last night. Putting it euphemistically, I "pleasured" Mrs Zilla and expected reciprocation, as one expects in polite circles, yet she rolled over and went to sleep! My male status in the house is clearly under threat. Had I been crueller (or sharper of mind) i would have given her a special wet patch to sleep in! Had I not watched a programme about what seemed like the world's messiest divorce last night, I may well have been seeking to serve papers today! Enough of such base matters. At least I have my DVD and a few drinkies to look forward to tonight. But why, oh why didn't I use some common sense and get Godzooky 1 new school shoes before the last weekend he starts back? This means a trip of terror to the sensible children's shoe shop. A queue to get his feet measured, then some negotiation as to what type of shoe he wants, only to discover that they've sold out of that type. Is it becoming obvious that I've been here before? It's that "old dog, new tricks" thing again isn't it?

4 Comments:

  • At 9/01/2006 01:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    the shoe story sounds familiar. we went out to get princess g some shoes to go with her new uniform, spent around $80 on two different pairs, only to discover that they allowed her to wear the slip on birkenstock knock-offs she already owned! too late to take the shoes back though, she's already been wearing them! c'est la vie!

     
  • At 9/01/2006 05:20:00 PM, Blogger Fig said…

    My daughter came in to me yesterday and handed me a sheet of paper... she had cut out pictures of all the shoes she wanted and glued them on... with notes as to which shoes came from which store.

    yeah... right.

    Shame on Mrs. Zilla! You should have woken her up with a good game of Piley On!

     
  • At 9/02/2006 06:07:00 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Shoe shopping with my 3 this year caused an axiety attack!!

     
  • At 9/04/2006 12:30:00 PM, Blogger Godzilla said…

    This female obsession with shoes clearly starts early!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home