A Man of Numbers

Proof that Accountants are dull

Thursday, August 24, 2006

So I'm back...

from outer space... get that song out of your head now! It reminds me that it's the Mardi Gras this coming weekend. For those out of towners, it's a big gay weekend, and full of the colour and glamour you would expect. I've always enjoyed driking in the Gay Village. The atmosphere always seems relaxed and welcoming regardless of your sexuality. Perhaps it's the fact that I'm happy with my sexuality that makes me feel comfortable compared to some people I know. A few people at work refuse point blank to drink in anywhere labelled gay. To me it seems their issues may be more deep rooted than mere bigotry. I have never been attracted to men and don't even think of the bars as "gay". To me the people in them are just that, people, good, bad, happy, sad (is that another song reference?) Anyway, enough of my rambling about the upcoming weekend. The trip to the Lakes was great. Batteries are well and truly recharged. The weather wasn't fantastic, but then what can you expect during the school holidays? We did the zoo as usual, and ventured out into Grizedale Forest, for some outdoor action. No, not that sort, the adventure playground sort, which the kids loved. We didn't get to wish on shooting stars, although from my past experiences it doesn't work too well anyway. Here's a new picture of Godzooky 3, as requested by Delboy's Daughter:

For some reason if he looks directly at the camera he always has his eyes shut.

He had his 8 month check up yesterday - he is freakishly long, very heavy and yet has a tiny head apparently. Make of that what you will.

Anyway I'm off to catch up on my favourite blogs, so that probably means yours!

4 Comments:

  • At 8/25/2006 10:02:00 AM, Blogger Sessy said…

    Glad you had a nice break.

    I really wish I could go to Mardi Gras!! Ah well. There is always next year.

     
  • At 8/25/2006 02:22:00 PM, Blogger Godzilla said…

    mdw - c-section = don't care about size of head, but I know where you're coming from!

    sessy - you crack on with that thesis, you'll have time for fun afer you finish that!

     
  • At 8/30/2006 05:13:00 PM, Blogger Delboys Daughter said…

    ROFL freakishly long! Ha. What a cutie. God you can tell they are all brothers and sisters.
    Well sister.
    Now who do they take after looks wise i wonder?
    And where abouts were you standing at Mardi?

     
  • At 8/31/2006 01:27:00 PM, Blogger Godzilla said…

    Obviously freakishly is my term, not the medical one! They all look like me, so I'm told - although No. 3 doesn't have my hair, so I'm a bit suspicious!
    At Mardi we moved around - standing still with small children leads to mucho moaning and mischief! I did keep an eye out in case I spotted you though!
    I would probably have been too shy to say hi though

     

Post a Comment

<< Home