A Man of Numbers

Proof that Accountants are dull

Friday, August 11, 2006

Yesterday's Events

have made me quite glad that I'm not travelling anywhere on holiday this year. Rather than speculate wildly about what happened and why, I'm going to wait for a little more information to emerge first. It's becoming apparent though that there is a real danger of a cultural split happening in this country. Muslims already react with scepticism that such things can happen, yet it seems to me that there is a very real threat from individuals hiding behind rhetoric and fervent beliefs. In a lighter vein, I never cease to be amazed at how quickly things like this pop up: My plans for the weekend centre around friends visiting tonight on their way North. It's one of my oldest friends, who I don't see anywhere near often enough, and I'm looking forward to reminiscing and catching up on new news. Tomorrow, weather permitting, the plan is to visit the Sky festival taking place in the city centre. All manner of child entertainment should be happening, and the godzookies seem quite excited about it. I'm really looking forward to Sunday, when my task is to tackle the enormous hedge that needs cutting. I hope the sarcasm came across slightly there. I may be performing a rain dance on Saturday night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home