A Man of Numbers

Proof that Accountants are dull

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Close but no cigar

You know that feeling where you know someone is watching you? It's almost indescribable, but you just know someone is staring at you. Well, that happened this morning on the tram to me. As I looked round I noticed a young,(well, younger than me!) good looking lady quickly darting her eyes away. So I get all surreptitious and watch out of the corner of my eye. After a few seconds she looks back, staring what seemed like most intently. So I turn my gaze back to her and she looks away again. This repeats another couple of times, until I actually catch her eye. She then smiled coyly and looked away. I moved, to check if it was definitely me she was staring at. I found a vantage point where I could see her reflected in one of the windows. No doubt about it, she was staring at me. This is an unusual occurrence for me. I'm sure a lot of you beautiful people out there have to endure the stares of strangers on a daily basis. So I shift position again, and start to stare straight at her, meaning that it's inevitable when she looks again, our eyes are going to meet. What I'm going to do next I don't know, but it feels like it needs to be done. When she does look again, it's clear she's not looking at my face, there is no eye contact. She's staring at my legs and then her gaze works upwards till it reaches my face. When she gets eye contact with me it clearly flusters her. She goes bright red and turns her back on me. Ok, I rationalise to myself - she was staring at you and was embarassed to get caught out. Perhaps I'm more attractive than I thought, I start to stroke my ego. All of a sudden the day seems a little brighter, and my disposition sunnier. Then I got to work, and as I sat down I realised that my zip was undone. Yes, that's the sound of my ego shattering!

5 Comments:

  • At 8/09/2006 02:03:00 PM, Blogger Fig said…

    OK... THAT made me laugh! But now I'm curious... your zip was down but did you go commando today? Was there a turtle pokin? hee hee Is THAT why she was checkin ya out/

    I bet you made her day.

     
  • At 8/09/2006 03:08:00 PM, Blogger Delboys Daughter said…

    HA good lord. It's made mine!


    Goddy i think you should post a pic of yourself and let us be the judge!

     
  • At 8/10/2006 03:21:00 AM, Blogger Ticharu said…

    No don't!!!

     
  • At 8/10/2006 08:21:00 AM, Blogger Godzilla said…

    I'm glad to be of amusement.

    Lily - I was suitably attired, although I was wearing a pinkish shirt with blue checks, which from a distance could look like veins, but the real monster was tucked safely away. I would hope to feel the breeze way before it became an issue!

    DD - there is a picture back in March http://amanofnumbers.blogspot.com/2006_03_01_amanofnumbers_archive.html

    Tich - don't look at that ^^^^

    Mini Driver Wannabe - pervs are always welcome here!

     
  • At 8/25/2006 04:49:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

Post a Comment

<< Home