A Man of Numbers

Proof that Accountants are dull

Monday, August 14, 2006

I am grateful

for at least one of my unique abilities (no, not the sexual one, which I won't go into detail about) : the one I mean is my ability to avoid hangovers. Friday night, old friends staying, COPIOUS amounts of alcohol consumed, a good time had by all (no, not that sort of good time). The next morning was a different story: everyone had a raging hangover, except smug little moi. For some reason Mother Nature has blessed me with never having a hangover. It doesn't matter how much, or what, I drink, I never suffer the next day. Where some people have a banging headache, queasiness and general malaise, the worst I have is a dehydrated feeling. If I sink a couple of pints of water I am back on good form and ready to tackle anything. This generally causes grumpiness amongst those who are suffering, and Saturday was no exception. Still, it meant that I was able to take care of all the children's needs, nappy and food related. If I did suffer in the same way that Mrs Zilla does, I certainly wouldn't be like her: suggesting another bottle of wine be opened. At least she had recovered sufficiently to embark on a trip later to enjoy the delights of the Sky Festival. We ventured far and wide, taking in the offering of Braniac, Cartoon Network and the Lazy Town show. Godzooky 2 is a big fan of Lazy Town, which is no bad thing as it encourages children to do exercise and eat healthily. The kids often ask for something "healthy" these days, although they do still clamour for McDonalds as well - such is the power of worldwide advertising I guess. I realised while we were watching the Lazy Town show that I was a mere 100 yards from the Manchester Blog Meet taking place at the same time. Having said that I was unaware of who was attending and don't read that many blogs that are local. I don't know why that should be, possibly I just haven't stumbled across many, or perhaps I'm more interested in things happening elsewhere? Anyhoo, I didn't venture into the world of real life meeting, I'm never very good on first meeting someone, it takes me a while to get into the flow. Plus my daughter sat on my shoulders wouldn't have appreciated losing her view of the show.

3 Comments:

  • At 8/14/2006 05:37:00 PM, Blogger Fig said…

    well aren't you special! OH to be hangover free... what a gift! That's like having a super power... very cool!

     
  • At 8/15/2006 11:36:00 AM, Blogger Godzilla said…

    lily - it's a great gift to have, you feel almost invincible!

    mini - taht doesn't count as a hangover as the discomfort wasn't alcohol related! You still have the gift!

     
  • At 2/03/2007 05:28:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » » »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home