A Man of Numbers

Proof that Accountants are dull

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Sitting on the Dock of the Bay

last night I ended up listening to the radio (or the wireless as my father insisted on calling it) through the TV. Who would have thought it, radio on the TV? That's how highly evolved we now are. It was the start of a Radio 2 (for English visitors, I realise this makes me sound like an old fogey) series about the life and work of Otis Redding. I've always loved his voice and it was a tradgedy that he died so young at only 26. It was interesting to hear how he had so many hits even at a time of bitter racial segregation. I guess you just can't hold back a voice like that. So it's official I am getting old. I even moaned about the weather this morning. Torrential downpours that should not be happening on the last day of August. Still, at least I was treated to the sight of a man with the world's biggest comb over flying about in the wind and rain. I suppose once I reach that status I will truly know I'm old.

6 Comments:

  • At 8/31/2006 04:19:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    no you will never have a comb over.

    please no.

    instead, shave!

    then you can be a feature on my HBG day!

     
  • At 8/31/2006 09:24:00 PM, Blogger Fig said…

    hahahahahaha... G stole my comment almost word for word!

    hey... why wait.
    shave it off now... bet you look all sexy with no hair.

     
  • At 9/01/2006 01:01:00 PM, Blogger Godzilla said…

    I was only kidding! My hair is too curly for a comb over.

    So I don't look sexy with hair Lily? Want a hand removing that foot?

    Good job my ego is still shattered from the tram incident!

     
  • At 9/01/2006 05:21:00 PM, Blogger Fig said…

    AW... I'm sorry! Of COURSE you look sexy now... but with no hair there's just more of you to lick... hee!

     
  • At 9/02/2006 06:04:00 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Tee hee....

     
  • At 9/04/2006 12:31:00 PM, Blogger Godzilla said…

    Sorry couldn't resist trying to make you squirm!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home