A Man of Numbers

Proof that Accountants are dull

Friday, January 20, 2006

The Birth Experience

I’m going to recap on the whole birth experience, mainly for my benefit, as with my advancing age, my memory isn’t what it used to be. In fact truth be told it never has been that great. I seem to have this ability to experience things, earmark them as important, yet still be totally unable to recall the year that they happened. So over my next couple of posts I'll be recounting the events that we've been through recently. Once I've blogged this mad period I'll feel more able to return to normal (hopefully), whatever normal is going to be from now on of course! This birth experience was completely different to the other two that I’ve been through. All three have been caesarean sections, but this one was planned from the set off. The first one followed 40 hours of labour and my memories of it are understandably vague, even allowing for my memory problem. It came more as a relief rather than anything to be concerned about. Over a day and a half sat on the world’s most uncomfortable chair had left me numb to the situation. At least Mrs Zilla had managed a few hours sleep once the epidural had been administered. Godzooky 2’s caesarean entrance was after a mere 20 hours labour, so I was comparatively fresh! Not so fresh as to remember to take the baby grow and vest into the operating theatre. In my defence none of the medical staff noticed either. This meant that once Godzooky 2 had appeared I was sent back to the delivery room to collect the clothes. To achieve this I had to walk round the operating table, giving me an interesting view of Mrs Zilla’s innards as she was splayed open. This time we went in knowing that the caesarean was the starting point rather than the end of a long labour. Mrs Zilla was understandably VERY nervous, both previous times the operation had been a relief rather than an ordeal.. The pace of events was also a lot more sedate, with lots of nice relaxed staff taking their time, heightening our tension and nerves.

3 Comments:

  • At 1/20/2006 01:34:00 PM, Blogger Ticharu said…

    Wow... I just got all caught up on the blood clot and everything. Holy smokes, what a lot of stress and joy all packed into a few short days. Have you had any sleep yet???
    My daughter came by cesarean. What a sight!! It looked like my wife had been cut in two!
    Speaking of my daughter... she's looking for breakfast and this morning I'm the cook!

     
  • At 1/23/2006 03:39:00 AM, Blogger Fig said…

    I don't even want to imagine that "intersting view". oof.

    looking forward to your baby posts... and more baby pics please!

     
  • At 1/23/2006 08:25:00 AM, Blogger Godzilla said…

    Tich - sleep has been in short supply indeed!

    Oh my first tag, I am touched, truly.

    Lots of vivid colours and pulsing things. Another pic above as requested.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home