A Man of Numbers

Proof that Accountants are dull

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Christmas is almost here...

This is supposed to be my last day in work before Christmas and New Year. I still hav elots of holidays to take and the idea was for me to have a long glorious two weeks off. This would be my longest break from work in about two years. That's pretty sad thinking about it. Events have transpired at work within the last 24 hours that may mean I have to come in between Christmas and New Year, but I'm really hoping not. Anyway I'm treating this as the last day of school and reserve the right to post a load rubbish in a giddy end of year boom. No real change there then. Tomorrow is Godzooky 1's birthday party. His birthday isn't until the 23rd, but we couldn't find anywhere that was willing to take a booking for that day. It means him having two birthdays this year, which should be good for him, as it normally gets swallowed up in Christmas. It's all his own fault for coming too early - he was meant to be a Millennium Baby, but he just wouldn't wait for New Year. So tomorrow I am facing 15 rampaging 5 and 6 year olds. First day off work sounds like more toil than being here! At least this year he should get to enjoy it. Last year he was really ill over his birthday and Christmas, not even bothering to open his presents. Anything's got to be an improvement on that.