A Man of Numbers

Proof that Accountants are dull

Friday, December 16, 2005

The morning after

The world is a little fuzzy this morning, not enough sleep and perhaps a little too much alcohol consumed. At least I’ve made it in to work, there are a few absentees today. We conducted extensive research into the different alcoholic drinks available at the European market yesterday. Various flavours of gluhwein were sample, spiced cider, and, perhaps my favourite, fruit punch with brandy. Being responsible we also had a bratwurst and sampled various cheeses as we toured the market. It was all done in the name of research of course, the whole Godzilla family is going to go tomorrow, so I was trying to locate the best stalls, honest. We then made our way to the company Christmas party. I was glad we’d had a few drinks as most people had done some damage to the free wine provided. The majority were quite the worse for wear, even by 5pm. There was only one fight this year, but I think the bloke who picked a fight with the Director of Finance might be regretting it this morning. I think I managed to avoid making too much of a fool of myself, except on the dance floor probably. Must get another coffee…

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home