A Man of Numbers

Proof that Accountants are dull

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer

Today is the day of the school nativity. Well day one of two. The children in the nursery only go for the afternoon or the morning. They take part in the nativity as well, so to ensure everyone gets a performance they do one in the afternoon and then one tomorrow morning. Godzooky 1 is a reindeer this year, and has slowly been revealing the songs they have to sing, you can catch him at odd moments in the supermarket singing small parts of it. Last year he was a snowflake, but his moment of glory was playing Joseph while he was in the nursery. This morning he revealed further information: apparently he has a red nose in the play, so I’m guessing he’s Rudolph. It’s times like this that make me really appreciate what being a parent is all about. There’s certainly more than hint of magic about having the opportunity to watch your kids performing in a nativity. I’m certainly enjoying the festive season a lot more since having kids. As an only child I never really enjoyed being cooped up in the house for long periods over Christmas. Then I spent a large part of my 20s not really getting in the festive swing. Now I get to enjoy the children enjoying it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home