A Man of Numbers

Proof that Accountants are dull

Friday, December 02, 2005

Blogs of Note

Perhaps I’m being slightly naïve with regards to this blogging lark. I started this after reading other people’s blogs. I wasn’t sure what I wanted it to be, and to a certain extent I’m not really sure what it is now. Part journal, part things that make me smile and the rest random thoughts. Visits to Lisa’s blog have opened my eyes to the fact that blogging is not necessarily calm waters. Her blog was listed on Blogs of Note and she has been deluged with visitors. Not all of these visitors have been complimentary, fine, we’re not all going to enjoy everyone’s blogs, but some of the comments seem totally unwarranted. I’ve visited blogs that aren’t my cup of tea, but haven’t felt the need to leave nasty, vindictive comments. Thankfully I’ve not experienced it personally, the worst I’ve had has been spam, which I could probably eliminate by turning on word verification for comments. Some of the spam has actually made me laugh, wondering how it has ended up on my blog.
I only hope that Lisa and others who suffer such a situation keep sight of why they are blogging in the first place, and don’t alter what they normally do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home