A Man of Numbers

Proof that Accountants are dull

Monday, December 19, 2005

Cold Turkey

not the remnants of an early Christmas lunch, but the realisation I've just had that I'm not going to be able to post anything for a couple of weeks, whilst I'm off work. This blogging thing gets a bit addictive doesn't it? Even when you're posting absolute rubbish most of the time! The weekend flew by as usual. Saturday we ventured to the European market and wandered amongst the throngs of people. We are now well stocked with German sausage for the festive period. In hindsight perhaps a little too well stocked, but a bargain's a bargain. I feel somewhat swizzed - I spent what seems like a small fortune on hand made chocolate truffles, especially for the tiny amount you got. Then I discovered it was all covered in coconut, which I detest. So I'll not be enjoying that, although Mrs Zilla seems wildly amused and delighted that she will be devouring most of it. Sunday was an operation in advanced logistics. Godzooky 1 had a birthday party to attend in the morning - a roller disco at the local leisure centre. This was interesting as he had never been on roller skates before, and doesn't appear to be the most co-ordinated of children. He surprised me though, and was soon wobbling along with the best of them. He has got a cracking bruise on his knee though. While he was putting dents in the leisure centre floor we decided to tackle the "big" Christmas food shop. We were amazed to find it relatively quiet and hassle free. I was also surprised by how much the bill came to, considering we haven't bought the "luxury" items yet! Still, it is only once a year, and I want to avoid the scrooge like connotations I bestowed upon my father. We managed to get home, unpack, feed Godzooky 2 and get her in bed, all in time for me to sit down and watch the football. A masterplan if ever I saw one. Today I've been out to locate some items for Mrs Zilla's present, and I regret (as always) leaving things this late.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home