A Man of Numbers

Proof that Accountants are dull

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Quick Resume

It's been a while since a proper post, but I'll try and recap the major events that occurred over the festive period. Godzooky 1's birthday went swimmingly, lots of fun was had, no major traumas or accidents happened, and I managed to make myself into a cool dad (apparently) by engaging all the kids in balloon sword fights and dying heroically. It was pretty much a good excuse for me to act like a 6 year old again, and I loved every minute of it. Christmas was different to how we planned it. I ended up making two round trips to the Lakes to collect my mother to spend time with us. Tiring, but I think she and the kids enjoyed it, also ensuring less pressure on Mrs Zilla from the kids. They both got lots of presents, but as is always the way Godzooky 1 wants to play with Godzooky 2's presents whilst denying her the chance to play with his. I was grateful that at least there was no sickness this year. Last year Godzooky 1 couldn't even be bothered to open his presents. I'm glad that my expectation levels for personal presents were low, as they were well founded. I must clearly have some sort of personal hygiene problem, given the amount of grooming products I ended up with. Oh and a shirt that even the most gregarious of people would think twice about wearing - a sort of day glo orange hue, with a tie attached that in no way matches the shirt. I shudder at the prospect of it ever leaving the packet. A busy time between Christmas and New Year - a new cot was purchased, so at least the new arrival will have somewhere to sleep. Somehow I managed to purchase one that you could put together within half an hour, unlike the previous one we bought which takes nearly two hours to disassemble and reassemble. I know this to be a fact as I had to do so - moving Godzooky 2 into the same room as Godzooky 1 to ensure less disturbance for them when the baby arrives home. Worryingly it was Godzooky 1 who had the most discomfort with the new sleeping arrangements. On the first night he appeared soon after being put in bed, worried that Godzooky 2 would get out and "get him"! Everything seems to be ok now, and we've had no night time attcks by either party, yet. Today is quite a sad and momentous day for me. Over the Christmas period I also purchased a new vehicle. My lovely sporty VW Golf will not be commodious enough for all the child seats that will be required, so I have had to reassess my needs and wants regarding motor vehicular travel. I am picking up my new MPV tonight, a Vauxhall Zafira, with the clever extra two seats that can disappear into the floor at will. I have told myself that I am not a boy racer (and I'm not really, honest) and that this is a sensible and mature move. Yet still I find myself pining at the loss of my car, for this bigger, more cumbersome thing. I am also quite excited at the same time, but Godzooky 1's disapproval of my choice reinforces my own belief - this is not a "cool" car. Still, at least the new double buggy will fit in the Zafira, so that's a bit of a relief!

3 Comments:

  • At 1/04/2006 07:20:00 PM, Blogger Ticharu said…

    I'm almost excited for you with this new baby coming, which is a bit weird for me, I mean, it's not like a new guitar, but I'm still kinda excited for you. Hope it goes well!

     
  • At 1/05/2006 12:53:00 PM, Blogger Godzilla said…

    Thanks for the kind words guys.
    SB - I used to follow Jonny myself, then he didn't post for a while, I will go and pay a visit

     
  • At 1/05/2006 04:33:00 PM, Blogger Godzilla said…

    To be totally honest SB I can't remember exactly how I came across most of the blogs I read.

    I must have clicked on a link someone had - I think your blog name intrigued me!

    It proved to be a wise move anyway!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home