A Man of Numbers

Proof that Accountants are dull

Thursday, January 12, 2006

At last a name for the baby!

I'm here at work again fleetingly, so here's the latest update: I’ll cut to the chase regarding the name for Godzooky 3, we were still not getting anywhere fast, so decided to book an appointment with the Registrar (of Births and Deaths) to force our hand. In the name of sanity and for an easy life I told Mrs Zilla to make a shortlist of names that she really wanted and I would endeavour to pick one from it. She had already decided on George as a middle name, after her father. The two names she was undecided on as a first name were Edward and William. As I had no real strong preference for either told her to pick whichever one she wanted. The choice varied throughout the day, and I’m sure that even as we entered the Registrar’s office her mind wasn’t totally made up. As the moment came to enter the baby’s name she uttered the words William George, and thus Godzooky 3 was named. If at the age of 13 he decides that he hates his name I can at least tell him to go and see his mother. That’s one potential teenage banana skin she can deal with. I’m still not sure if the name passes my supermarket test: am I really willing to shout out “William, stop it now!”? Perhaps I’ll come up with some variant that I can feel comfortable with. I know pictures haven't appeared yet, but they will be soon, if my skills are up to the task...

1 Comments:

  • At 1/12/2006 07:02:00 PM, Blogger Fig said…

    or GET Back her you little #!$%&*!

    I think it's a lovely name... picking names was soo hard. And now my daughter doesn't like hers... why? Because she's discovered that I gave her a boy's name and... it's on the top 10 list for boys. oops.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home