A Man of Numbers

Proof that Accountants are dull

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Flash Friday Fiction

Here's my first attempt at this, it seems like fun, and I'd like to rekindle my creativity, if it's still lurking somewhere. I've been inspired by Lily and Snav, but Susie is definitely the boss when it comes to this. You get 55 words to write a very short story about a picture. I should add this isn't necessarily autobiographical... He put the key in the door, trying to turn it quietly. His breath sounded deafening in the silence. He peered into the darkness; what awaited him? Stumbling blindly he fell against something, causing it to crash loudly to the floor. He paused, waiting for a reaction within. Upstairs his wife thought “He’s drunk again!”

3 Comments:

  • At 9/08/2006 03:15:00 PM, Blogger S said…

    Oh LOL That is funny! I like it.

    You dont have to use a picture if you dont want to. You can write a 55 and THEN find the picture.
    The actual rules are:
    Write a fictional story in 55 words with at least one main character and a plot.

    The photos sometimes come first, sometimes later, if I already have an idea.

    Thanks for playing!

     
  • At 9/08/2006 07:39:00 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    That was awesome!!! Very creative!

     
  • At 9/11/2006 12:50:00 PM, Blogger Godzilla said…

    Susie - my mistake regarding the "rules"!

    Snav - thankyou, it's my first stab, hopefully there's better to come.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home