A Man of Numbers

Proof that Accountants are dull

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

I could

write another post that would have an "Oh woe is me" scent to it, but I'll endeavour to park my problems at the door. *Firm wipe of the shoes* I saw this on G's blog, so thought I'd give it a go: Six Weird Things about me: 1) To truly enjoy an apple I have to quarter it before eating. Whilst I've not got a compulsive need to do this, I can eat apples the normal way, I don't enjoy them as much. I don't know why that should be. 2) I have an inordinate number of freckles and moles on my body. Yes, even one on that part of my anatomy. (I could see you thinking!) I could be almost a human dot to dot book - the pictures that could be produced are innumerable. 3) I am perfectly happy with my own company, and could quite happily spend a lot of time alone. I think this comes from being an only child , and having a lot of self reliance as a youngster for entertainment. 4) If I start reading a book, I have to finish it. No matter how dreadful the book it must be completed. That probably is OCD in action. 5) Further to my book obsession, I cannot stand to see a book with the spine bent backwards. It just seems wrong to me to treat a book that way. 6) I like to understanding things, the way they are and what causes them. My mother tells a story of me crying at the end of my first day at school. Not because I was upset or unsettled, but because I hadn't learnt how to read properly. That probably says a lot about me too. I found that quite hard to do - I don't see a lot of weirdness in my behaviour or tastes. If it was Mrs Zilla I would have had trouble picking the top 6 weird things. She has borderline OCD on most things she eats. Chocolate bars have to be assessed as to which end has the thicker chocolate (to be saved till last). She cannot bear to touch polystyrene or "rough wool". The list seems endless. Perhaps my "normality" is only a reflection of how I see myself compared to her?

3 Comments:

  • At 6/27/2006 01:52:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    After reading several of these lists as well as my own behavior, it seems that the majority of us have a bit of OCD in us. I too can relate to your issues about the books not being taken care of. I'm very obsessed in making sure that my books don't have any creases or folds in them either.

     
  • At 6/28/2006 01:15:00 PM, Blogger Godzilla said…

    I guess we all pick up habits from being young - some stay more strongly than others!

     
  • At 6/28/2006 09:03:00 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    #4 - I am the exact same way!! lOL!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home