A Man of Numbers

Proof that Accountants are dull

Monday, June 26, 2006

Another weekend - another problem

I don't know what it is - karma? the alignment of celestial bodies? the fickle finger of fate? or just strange coincidence? I do try not to make all these posts whinging, sour tasting and painting a drab picture, but at the moment life just seems to be biting me on the arse, and not in that horseplay, sounds like it might be fun type way. Life means it, and I've got the teeth marks to prove it. If you're looking for sweetness and light please peruse the links on the right - they're all damn good blogs and you may find a ray of sunshine contained therein. This post is not a happy one, but then I'm not in a happy place at the moment. So, after a long hard week at work I left on Friday evening. We had a plan, a good one too. Godzooky 1 was at a friends house. We were to get some supplies, wine, nice food etc, swing by this friend's house, pick him up, home, bath kids in bed and relax. Sounds good, I was looking forward to it and then one of the above culprits decided to mix up the evening a little bit. Shopping was good and easy, we arrived spot on time to pick Godzooky 1 up, so far so good. However, as she walked across the front lawn of this house, Mrs Zilla went down like there had been a shot from the grassy knoll. So I get out of the car and go to check on her. She's screaming and crying, saying that she think's she's broken her ankle. So a quick scoop up of Godzooky 1 and I manage to help her get to the car. We drop the kids off at her mum's and head for casualty. We don't go to our nearest hospital, as we know from bitter experience that it's X-Ray dept closes at 5pm on a Friday. If we go there we'll be sent home to wait till Monday. The NHS is great. So we head for the main hospital in the city. It's around 7pm by now, so I'm hoping that we're going to miss the Friday night rush, that'll come later when the pubs and clubs shut. Anyhoo, she get's X-rayed and it's a confirmation of a fractured ankle bone. Plaster required. Of course, there's none of the plaster boots available that you can walk on, so she'll have to be on crutches for at least two weeks, and possibly up to six weeks. To be fair to the National Health Service we were dealt with in under two hours, which is pretty good going. So we got the kids home around 9.30pm and finally got to eat our food around 10.45pm, once I'd got the Godzookies in bed and cooked. Neither of us had a particularly great appetite anyway. There were lots of tears as Mrs Zilla endeavoured to get up the stairs. Saturday and Sunday have just been a blur - I've run about doing all the household things, sorting out the kids and Mrs Zilla's needs. To cap off a wonderful weekend I was up most of last night with Godzooky 3. He's decided that now will be a good time to start teething. Great, just what I needed. So this morning was another whirlwind, getting everyone up and dressed. Godzooky 1 delivered to school and to be picked up later. At least Mrs Zilla's mum is going round to help look after the two youngest. These are going to be very long weeks, I can tell. I hope you all had a far better weekend than me. Please ignore all doom laden comments that I may leave on your blogs, it's just where I am at the moment!

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home