A Man of Numbers

Proof that Accountants are dull

Monday, June 12, 2006

Pass the bucket

I'm up to my ears work wise at the moment, so no long post or pictures from last week (sorry Tich, knowing how much you were looking forward to them!) I'm actually glad to be out of the house, and away from the vomitting bug which seems to have a stranglehold on our eldest. On Saturday night he appeared in our bedroom at around 2.30 to announce that he felt ill. He then promptly threw up all over our bed. Mrs Zilla took the brunt of it, but it was quite projectile in nature, so a large proportion of the bed received a covering. Then he turned and managed to cover the entire carpet leading to the doorway. At this point I managed to guide him into the bathroom to prevent further damage, or so I thought. Having positioned him over the toilet bowl I returned to the fray in the bedroom. Whipping the covers off the bed I headed to the washing machine, thankfully as it was a very warm night it was just the sheet that was obliterated by vomit. On my way back I checked on Godzooky 1, who had managed to stand up in the meantime and cover the area surrounding the bowl with vomit too! To be fair, some was resting on the edge of the bowl, although that was more by chance than good aiming on his part. It took till around 4.00am to sort out the damage and get him back into bed. By which point I was wide awake and unable to get back to sleep. We endeavoured to make him rest yesterday, but he insisted that he was fine by the afternoon and he joined the family in the living room. Against my advice Mrs Zilla gave him some milk that he had requested. Once more my judgement call was proved correct when he again suddenly announced he was going to be sick and covered another carpet with his emissions. Milk regurgitated, nice. At least today (so far) Mrs Zilla hasn't reported a repeat performance. Isn't it great being a parent?

2 Comments:

  • At 6/13/2006 04:40:00 AM, Blogger Fig said…

    This happened Saturday night? So... does that mean that you should be getting it today? blech

    blech

    NO MILK! Feed him Little Debbie Chocolate snack cakes... the taste good coming back up.

     
  • At 6/13/2006 12:56:00 PM, Blogger Godzilla said…

    Lily - I tend not to pick up these sort of things (touch wood), so I'm left to deal with the aftermath!

    So far no-one else seems to have picked it up. Phew!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home