A Man of Numbers

Proof that Accountants are dull

Friday, May 26, 2006

Culture Vulture

I'm getting quite excited about an impending theatre visit tomorrow. Pre Godzookies, and even more pre Mrs Zilla, I used to frequent the theatre quite often. A mixture of modern and some classics, Trainspotting, Waiting for Godot, Hamlet etc etc. I think my last visit to the theatre to see a play must have been a good 4 years ago, doesn't time fly! That was to see The Woman in Black. A "very scary" adaptation of Susan Hill's novel. Pah, I've been more scared of Doctor Who. Which brings me to the performance we're going to see tomorrow afternoon:

For those who aren't familiar with The Chuckle Brothers, I'm not sure how to describe them. Their humour is based mainly on slapstick and really bad puns.

They've been around for a good 20 years doing the same sort of stuff, and when I was younger I detested them.

Since having kids, and watching them again I have rediscovered their worth. They really manage to make kids (and me and Mrs Zilla) laugh.

We went to one of those classic British institutions, a pantomime, that they were in last year - Dick Whittington. With the obligatory faded soap star ( I think she was from Hollyoaks) and the usual Dame figure.

It was excellent and inspired us to see Doctor What when we saw it advertised.

Godzooky 1 is particularly excited as it is combining The Chuckle Brothers with Doctor Who, a new favourite of his.

A review will follow....

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home