A Man of Numbers

Proof that Accountants are dull

Monday, May 15, 2006

Another Year Older

but definitely not wiser. Another manic day at the office and things that should go smoothly crumble in front of my eyes. Still, tomorrow I get to recruit a permanent member of staff to fill a vacancy manned by temps since 2002. That's what I call progress. Anyway my birthday was better than expected. I got presents of a far better calibre than I have for many a year. Even the clothing that was purchased for me was reasonable and something that I was willing to wear out of the house. I don't mean for that to sound churlish and ungrateful. I never specifically ask for anything, so my presents are at people's whims or reflect how they see me. I mentioned clothing in particular, as one year, one of my brothers in law bought me a short sleeved, bright lime green shirt. Fine, not my taste, but suitable for decorating in, possibly. Until I noticed what size he had purchased. I'm 6' 1" and with a 44" chest, yet he thought I was a "Medium"! I can't even say at least the thought was there, because I really don't know what was going through his head when he bought the item! I had a lovely meal out in an Indian restaurant we've been wanting to try for ages. Very swish and pricey, but the food was excellent and the service just how I like it, efficient but discreet. We realised that it was our first time out alone together since the arrival of Godzooky 3. The first time in 4 months! Still, now that he's sleeping through (the power of sleep training) perhaps we'll get more offers of babysitting? So now I'm endeavouring to get through the piles of work on my desk to get Wednesday off, when Godzooky 2 will be 2.

4 Comments:

  • At 5/15/2006 06:59:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, I just realized you and Lily have very close birthdays!

    I'm glad you had a nice birthday.

    So what's up with in-law siblings? I have a sister-in-law that insists on buying things that are 2-3 times too big and too long for me to wear. Who knows what they're thinking when they're out and about.

     
  • At 5/15/2006 11:03:00 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Maybe he "regifted" the shirt??

    Happy belated Birthday!!!!!

     
  • At 5/16/2006 03:48:00 AM, Blogger Ticharu said…

    It's like birthday mania at your house!

     
  • At 5/16/2006 04:43:00 PM, Blogger Godzilla said…

    arete - perhaps they are trying to hint about some body reshaping required?

    Snav - I'd rather it was a "regift" than think he put so little thought into the gift!

    tich - it was almost a double day celebration, when the waters first broke!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home