A Man of Numbers

Proof that Accountants are dull

Friday, May 05, 2006

!TIHS

Ok, I've not strictly turned things right around, but there is some light at the end of the tunnel, although I'm hoping that it's not someone with a torch bringing more crap my way. I've got my management accounts (yes, yawn) out by the deadline, just. The staff issues are starting to be dealt with, although it's going to be a long, long process. We've got a shortlist for the vacant position (sorry ,Tich you just missed out, the pretty HR girl wouldn't accede to my request and I'm trying to keep her sweet!) It's Friday afternoon and the sun is shining, so I should get a pleasant evening in the garden playng with the kids, with a nice glass of wine to unwind with. I'm pretty lucky that I have the ability to leave my work issues at work, and I don't tend to drag my problems home with me. Last night I just lay on the floor with Godzooky 3, after the others had been despatched to bed, talking to him (although his only word is "igloo", I'm not counting the raspberries he blows!) and playing round and round the garden, making him giggle. Moments like that are so precious and special. Another plus is that I'm on a promise tonight, not quite in the fluff "walking like John Wayne" category, but it's action. I hope everyone else's week finishes on a high, and you all have a great weekend.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home