A Man of Numbers

Proof that Accountants are dull

Monday, May 08, 2006

A new week

I'm hoping that this will bring an upturn in fortunes. The weekend saw a mixed bag of events. Friday saw me get the action promised, although Mrs Zilla later descended into an intoxicated haze, from alcohol, not my lurve skills, unfortunately. This was a bad move on her part given that she had to be out early Saturday for a hairdressing appointment. So I was left to entertain the three Godzookies, and I made an unwise decision to go to the park. It seemed like a good idea initially, the squirrels were welcoming as we fed them. I managed to juggle all three kids in terms of turns on the slides and swings. The beautiful weather brought it's own fly to put in the ointment though - Godzooky 1 decided to acquire hayfever for the day. He also decided to ignore my advice that rubbing his eyes would make it worse, and by the time I'd got him home he looked like he'd gone 10 rounds with Mike Tyson. Catching a glimpse of himself in a mirror caused tears, which only exacerbated the problem. By the time I could administer Piriton to ease the syptoms his eyes were almost slits. Cue Mrs Zilla's return from the hairdressers and her insistence that he go to bed and rest his eyes, which served to cause more tears. Aaaaaaaaarrrrggghhh! At least it stopped him telling "jokes" - here's a sample:- What do you call a cow jumping over the moon? A moon cow! Scarily that was one of the better efforts. So bad were his symptoms that he didn't want to go to a schoolmate's birthday party, the acid test of any child's illness! Yesterday saw a wetter, colder day, and he was back on form. Unfortunately the jokes hadn't seen a similar improvement.

2 Comments:

  • At 5/08/2006 02:47:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Awww, the poor baby! I hope he has vastly improved since then. My daughter and I have been plagued by our allergies this year as well. I think we're in the for the worst over here. Here's hoping for a much better week!

     
  • At 5/09/2006 01:09:00 PM, Blogger Godzilla said…

    Fingers crossed for you both then arete!

    I want my degree in less than 2 weeks! call that a service!?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home