A Man of Numbers

Proof that Accountants are dull

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Now where did it go?

I was on my way to work this morning when I know I had a good idea to blog about, but now I find myself here, it's gone completely from my mind. Is this one of the symptoms of getting old? Thinking you have a good idea and then completely forgetting it? Perhaps my age is playing on my mind more subconciously because it's my birthday soon, and then 3 days after Godzooky 2 will turn 2. That was a scary birthday two years ago - Mrs Zilla started having contractions at 2.30am, so no lie in that day for me. Then around 6am her waters went, or so we thought. A quick trip to the hospital,after some breakfast, I wasn't getting caught out like the first time (40 hours in labour with no sustenance), but we were sent home again because she was barely dilated and it was only the hind waters that had gone. So my birthday was spent trying to speed up the birth process, but all to no avail. To me, these things happen at their own pace and you just get on with it. I'm not a big fan of birthdays particularly, but I'm glad she's got a different day to mine to celebrate, so it's her special day. Mrs Zilla shares the same birthday as her mother, which makes it easy to remember, but also means that there are certain expectations raised, in terms of where it's spent and what you have to think about. I'm still not sure what to buy Godzooky 2 for a present, so any suggestions will be gratefully received!

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home