A Man of Numbers

Proof that Accountants are dull

Friday, May 19, 2006

Birthday Recap

Once the Godzookies were safely tucked up in bed on the night before Godzooky 2’s birthday we started blowing up balloons, preparing streamers and banners to decorate our living room. She’s a sucker for balloons, especially the helium type that float off. So one of those had pride of place on her seat. We wanted it to be ready for her first thing in the morning, so that the day started off as we meant for it to go on.

Once the children were up and had breakfasted we had some time to open a couple of presents that her siblings had “bought” for her. Some colouring supplies, a Magnadoodle and a jigsaw. We dropped Godzooky 1 off at school and then headed off to a local play centre We’d been previously with Godzooky 1 but it was far too busy and frantic for someone as small as her, she was confined to the under 3s section.

This time it was very quiet, obviously as it was during school time, and there were only a couple of other children there. This gave us free range on the equipment, and it was an absolute bargain, only £3.20 for 90 minutes for all of us (babes in arms go free, and parents don’t pay either!)

She was a bit unsure about some of the high parts at first, with only netting below her. But once she found her feet she was away, and I had trouble keeping up with her. She could twist and turn round the narrow gaps with ease, whereas my frame was holding me back.

Unfortunately for me my jeans were not as good as her trousers on the slide – I was getting too much friction, while she zipped away down the 10m slide.

I even managed at one point to get Godzooky 3 up to the slide and carried him down on it, although he had no idea about what was going on!

By the end of the 90 minutes I was seriously flagging from all the scrambling, twisting and turning, and I think she was too, as there weren’t too many complaints when we said we had to leave. After lunch she went for her nap more than willingly, and I was starting to think she’s turned into a teenager when we tried to get her up, she was that grouchy! Off to her Grandma’s next, for more presents and birthday treats.

Then back to school, to pick up Godzooky 2. Back home for more presents, lots of clothes, dolls and games. She’s particularly taken with a doll you can feed and then wind, just like she sees done for her baby brother. A trip to Pizza Hut for a birthday meal was next on the agenda, which went down well with Godzooky 1 too!

Then home for cake, although she was a little uncertain about the candles on the cake, probably due to our mantra about fires being dangerous!

After more playing and the last few presents it was bed time, and a sound sleep was had by all. It was a great day and hopefully special for her. Neither me or Mrs Zilla have really strong birthday memories, so we have resolved to try and make them exceptional days for our children, so that they will have good memories.

5 Comments:

  • At 5/19/2006 12:56:00 PM, Blogger Ticharu said…

    I remember my 2ed birthday, boy did I get sick! There was cake and ice cream on the walls, all over the floor, the bedding just had to be burned it was so bad but I had a great time before that!

     
  • At 5/19/2006 05:01:00 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    OMG!!! She is sooooo cute!!! I love play structures. Good thing because I always have to go in them after my children that refuse to exit on their own!

     
  • At 5/22/2006 04:43:00 AM, Blogger Fig said…

    What a DOLL... oh she is so sweet! Sigh... I remember when Princess was two and I had to climb up the slide to fetch her... a little boy had her by the hair and she was punching him... both were screaming...

    good times

     
  • At 5/22/2006 12:51:00 PM, Blogger Godzilla said…

    Tich that sounds like an ideal party for a 2 year old!

    She is cute Snav and Lily, but she also has a wicked and cruel sense of humour. I think she has learnt exactly what she can get away with, although she strays near the boundaries sometimes!

     
  • At 5/27/2006 06:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    She is soooo adorable! I love her curls! What a cutie....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home