A Man of Numbers

Proof that Accountants are dull

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Celebrities

Early post today - another half day in the office. I'm taking holidays to ensure Godzooky 1 gets to a birthday party. That boy has a better social life than me at the moment! I read on G's blog about her celeb spotting in a local mall, and mentioned that I had met David Beckham. This seemed to provoke some interest, so I thought I'd post about it. It was a few years ago, when he still played for Manchester United. It was the local football derby game, Manchester United vs Manchester City. At the time we only had Godzooky 1 and we'd been out for the day. Feeling lazy we decided to grab a burger on the way home and were passing a Burger King near to Manchester United's ground. So we pulled into a parking space and Mrs Zilla went in to get the food, while I waited in the car with a sleeping Godzooky. I'm sitting there, when another car pulls into the space alongside me, it's a silver Ferrari with tinted windows. The driver swings his door open and bashes the side of my car with it. Such is the crunch that Godzooky wakes up. The other guy is just walking away. So I open my door and shouted "Hey!" When he turned round, yes, it was David Beckham. I think he thought I must be yet another fan after an autograph, because he had a wry smile on his face, a sort of, "yes, it's me" look. Not being a Manchester United fan I wasn't particularly bothered about it being him, I was more aggrieved at him bashing my car. Celebrities are just people after all. So I asked him why he had hit my car with his door, and he said that he didn't realise he had, which I found hard to believe. I made him come back to the car to see if there was any damage, but there wasn't. I pointed out to him that he should take more care when opening his door in future. To his credit, he did eventually apologise, and then went off to get his burger. When Mrs Zilla came back with the food, she was singing his praises, about how nice he smelled. My lasting impression of the whole experience though, is the shoddy tinting of his car windows - it was full of air bubbles. Why pay £200,000 for a car and then have an idiot tint your windows?

3 Comments:

  • At 6/29/2006 12:15:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh man, now that i've added this to his idiotic move by marrying that spice girl, i've lost total interest in him.
    david beckham, who?

     
  • At 6/30/2006 04:49:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm with G... what a moron... no matter HOW nice he might smell.

     
  • At 6/30/2006 12:57:00 PM, Blogger Godzilla said…

    Moron is quite apt - he recently said that he was unable to help his 6 year old son with his maths homework!

    Just stick to looking at him!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home