A Man of Numbers

Proof that Accountants are dull

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Sleepless in Stretford

Another night of disturbed sleep, unsurprisingly, at least there were a few hours between feeds last night. My problem is that once I get woken up, I find it hard to get back to sleep. My mind starts whirling with thoughts and ideas. Mrs Zilla on the other hand can get up, give a feed, climb back into bed and go straight back to sleep. When I say straight back I mean it too. Her head just touches the pillow and she’s out for the count. I am very jealous. I’d forgotten about the dangers of projectile emission of recently consumed milk. Godzooky 1 could spray it like a fountain, and achieve world class distances. Godzooky 2 was hardly ever sick, she seemed to like her milk too much to want to part with it. Now this guy seems to relish the chance of covering surrounding areas in milk. In reality it’s probably not that much volume of liquid that he’s regurgitating, but boy it can cover what seems like a vast area. I end up winding him with extreme trepidation. Is this belch about to bring forth a torrent of pungent smelling milk? There aren’t even any tell tale signs yet that we’ve noticed, so it really is a lottery. Enough of such putrid thoughts. It seems as though any potential problems with the other Godzookies have been avoided so far. Godzooky 1 is relishing his role as big brother again, and is keen to hold his little brother and tell him how much he loves him and is going to look after him. He does have a knack of disappearing whenever it’s time for a nappy change or to wind him ( he’s witnessed the fountain effect, and refuses to believe that he was the same!) To be honest I had no doubts about him being concerned about the baby. If anything he’s exceeded my expectations and stepped up to being the big boy that we’ve told him he is now. I was unsure how Godzooky 2 was going to react, with her only being 20 months old. It turns out that she’s a bit of a star, you’ve only got to mention changing his nappy and she fetches the changing mat. She also likes to help tap on his back when you’re winding him – she’s not sussed out about the fountain effect yet, or else she enjoys it! She's being exceptionally cute. She gets very excited whenever she sees him after a nap or first thing in the morning. Some of her attention might be a little physical for the baby, but she certainly means no harm. I hope this is a good sign that things will progress well and there will be ongoing harmony in the house.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home