A Man of Numbers

Proof that Accountants are dull

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Parent's Evening

Parent’s evening saw us visiting Godzooky 1’s teacher for an update on his progress. He is top of Maths, doing well with his reading and English, and even his handwriting has improved. Apparently he is one of the most caring children in the class, according to his teacher. He hates to see other people upset, and tries to ensure everyone is happy. He’s also a bit of a grass, informing on other’s wrongdoings. The only problem his teacher is experiencing with him is the development of a love triangle. Him and one of his friends have both fallen for the same girl. This has developed into petty arguments and some pushing and shoving. We returned to his Grandparents’ house where he was waiting, and asked him if he thought he was in trouble for anything. He looked coy and said “No, don’t think so?” When we confronted him about his behaviour with his friend over the girl, he said “ But I love her”. So Mrs Zilla asked him what he meant by that, and he replied “ When I see her I feel all wiggly inside”. He’s 6! These things aren’t meant to happen for years yet! One thing I noticed, whilst at the school, was a sign like a bus stop in one corner of the playground. I asked what it was for and he told me it was the “Friendship Stop”. If you’ve got no-one to play with you go and stand by the Friendship Stop and someone will come along and invite you to play with them. What a fantastic idea – no need for children to feel lonely, kicking their heels with nothing to do. Stand by the Stop and fun will come to you.

5 Comments:

  • At 3/30/2006 04:29:00 PM, Blogger Ticharu said…

    What about the kid who just stands there day after day without ever being asked by another kid to come and play?
    I was on the make by 4 years old BTW. I knew exactly what I wanted! I was quite the little devil. But I was 'in love' with the teachers more than any of the girls my age.

     
  • At 3/31/2006 10:25:00 AM, Blogger Ticharu said…

    I just read Price of Admission. Where did that come from?

     
  • At 3/31/2006 12:39:00 PM, Blogger Godzilla said…

    Tich nothing about you surprises me

    apparently no-one gets left too long at the stop - girls are kind that way!

    Price of Admission is a song by Stiff Little Fingers, from their later, more mellow period - I just like the sentiments expressed!

     
  • At 4/01/2006 12:36:00 AM, Blogger Ticharu said…

    See, I didn't know Stiff Little Fingers HAD a mellow period!

     
  • At 4/03/2006 12:30:00 PM, Blogger Godzilla said…

    Well I say mellow - it's comparatively mellow!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home