A Man of Numbers

Proof that Accountants are dull

Monday, March 27, 2006

Mother's day

I partly susbscribe to the theory that there should be no such thing as Mother's Day. No-one should need a special day to show their love for the person who went through childbirth and raised them. A more regular demonstration of appreciation is surely warranted. However I appreciate that there may be those out there who need a prompt. Mrs Zilla did get breakfast in bed and a gift, and even a meal out with her own mother. The children and myself surpassed ourselves in my humble opinion. The meal turned out to be a bit of a disaster though. We arrived at the restaurant at 12.45, having booked earlier in the week. We didn't actually get to eat our mains until 2.25pm, and there was no clocks forward shennanigans going on there. This meant that we also got caught up in all the football traffic heading towards Old Trafford, and I sacrificed watching my own team playing earlier on tv, such is my generosity. The food itself was bland, but at least the company was good and the efforts were appreciated. On the way home, to avoid some traffic, I called into a supermarket to purchase some treats for the children, they had been well behaved, only to be shocked at the sight of people still trying to buy Mother's Day cards! If you've not sorted it by 3.30pm you might as well just forget it completely....

3 Comments:

  • At 3/27/2006 04:49:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yesterday Princess came running in with a calendar in her little hand... upset that she had forgotten Mother's Day. I had to explain what the little (UK) meant and that she still had over a month to plan a large and grand gift for me.

    This year we're planning on doing the Breast Cancer walk and staying over in a hotel... just me and Princess. I can't wait!

     
  • At 3/27/2006 07:59:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh wow, I can't wait for Mother's Day to arrive here in the States. Usually it means that we get to stay home and have a lazy dazy family day at home doing nothing but watching movies on the tube and enjoying each other's company. That's something I really do enjoy.

     
  • At 3/28/2006 12:46:00 PM, Blogger Godzilla said…

    I hope you both enjoy your Mother's Days as much as Mrs Zilla did.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home