A Man of Numbers

Proof that Accountants are dull

Friday, February 03, 2006

Bathtime for Bonzo

A recent comment by Southern Bird got me thinking, she suggested as a remedy for my recent frustrations a “Long bath and a tommy tank” It occurred to me that whilst I have probably overdone the tommy tanks, I can’t actually recall the last time I had a bath. I should hasten to add that I have showers daily, sometimes more often following vigorous exercise, so I am not some malodorous troll. I used to have baths, but since we’ve had children they seem to have disappeared from my radar. I know that in our last house the bath was incredibly small, and it was impossible for me to submerge my whole frame in water, which generally leaves the bath experience lacking to my tastes. So my post football soaks became a thing of yore. This house has a perfectly adequate sized bath, and I would probably be able to immerse myself fully. So why haven’t I had a single bath in the three years we’ve lived here? Perhaps I had weaned myself off the habit? We only had Godzooky 1 when we first moved in, so it wasn’t down to child pressures then. Since having more children I guess I do see time as a valuable commodity, and don’t want to “waste” it soaking in a bath. I’d rather be playing with the children, or when they go to bed, doing whatever I need to get done and then reading or listening to music. Mrs Zilla does enjoy a good long soak, with candles and luxurious bubble bath. Perhaps I need to re-evaluate my approach to baths.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home