A Man of Numbers

Proof that Accountants are dull

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

It's here: the day I've been dreading

Performance Review time for the potential suicide case, the one from last week who said "What's the point we both know I've been shit?" I'm going to try and implement the full range of techniques I learnt last week. They suggested giving the Reviewee a sheet of paper with topics and areas you want them to talk about, as they may open up more (or let more slip) about how they feel. I did this and got a grunt and "Well, none of those have gone well!" Promoting this review as a motivational tool may be tricky given the current situation, with her "slotting in" under doubt. As if I wasn't feeling bad enough about this particular one, Mrs Zilla suggested last night that I should practice my symapthetic and understanding facial expressions with her, in preparation. That improved my outlook no end. 2.30pm that's the witching hour, or hour and a half. Rather cleverly I've ensured that the room we're having it in is booked for 4.00pm, so that it can't go beyond that time. Well it's at least adjourned until tomorrow that way! Nice - I've just found out from another of the team that they're having a sweepstake on how far into this Performance Review she starts to cry. He's asked me to time the moment, and I can't even enter the sweepstake myself as I may rig the outcome. How dare they? Oh, and the lady in question was in an unusually good mood yesterday, and she never has two good days in a row.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home