A Man of Numbers

Proof that Accountants are dull

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Frickin' School Plays

I was issued with my mission this morning. I wasn't given the option of whether I chose to accept it or not, but thankfully nothing self destructed either. It seemed pretty impossible all the same. I had to try and locate a plain brown t-shirt for Godzooky 1 to wear. Apparently a letter came forth from school asking us to locate a plain brown t-shirt. The children who are being reindeers in the school play will need one. The antler issues are being taken care of with twigs apparently. Now that doesn't sound like a tough mission, but the reality is that plain t-shirts are rarer than hen's teeth. Plain brown ones must be even rarer, it's not like it's a popular colour or anything. Everything has some logo or design on it these days. A higher power must have been guiding me though, as in the first shop I visited, Primark, there lurking in the back of an aisle was a lone, plain brown, long sleeved t-shirt. In his size too! A ripped price label put a momentary fear in me, but I'd found the holy grail, such a slight problem wasn't going to stop me now, the barcode was intact, I should be ok. The queue was the next problem, it was enormous, anyone would think it was nearly Christmas, Oh yeah it nearly is. I got to the till, the nice lady scanned it, it beeped in a nice way and she said: "That'll be £1.50 please" I love it when a plan comes together that well. If that doesn't get me some willy warming tonight there'll be trouble!