A Man of Numbers

Proof that Accountants are dull

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Sports Day

Yesterday was Godzooky 1's sports day. All families invited to attend, cheer on their progeny and partake of a picnic on the school field. The sports were the usual fayre: Egg and spoon race Sack race Running race Bean bag relay race Running with a Quoit on your head race (I'm ignorant of any technical term for this) Skipping race and finally the Crab race (not a competition to pick up the earliest recordrd STD, but two children link arms back to back, then run sideways down the course!) Godzooky 1 put up a respectable showing, winning the running race, the egg and spoon and the relay race. His dismal showing in the skipping race was matched by other male competitors. They lacked the natural coordination and grace required to excel at this one! The Fathers' race saw me finish in the top 10, which I was pleased about. Some of these guys had started having kids early, so were in their early 20s. Thankfully I am nowhere near the oldest dad, so there were easy pickings for me too! Of course at his age winning is everything, and he didn't share my happiness at such a placing. I like to think I am leading by example, and he will come to recognise my effort! One thing made a lasting impression on me yesterday. All the staff gathered at the end and I noticed (for some reason) that there were no male teachers. The only male members of staff were the Headmaster and the caretaker. The predominant characteristics of the teachers were that they were young blonde ladies. Call me cynical, but methinks the headmaster is cultivating his own personal harem. I prefer brunettes personally, but yesterday I was beginning to see how a smarter career choice could improve my working surroundings dramatically!

8 Comments:

  • At 7/26/2006 01:54:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Get that thought outta your head right this instant Godzilla!

    Brunettes are the way to go.

     
  • At 7/26/2006 07:19:00 PM, Blogger Ticharu said…

    Brunettes, blonds, redheads, black hair, bright red with white and green highlights, bald, blond with a black wig...

     
  • At 7/27/2006 01:39:00 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Sounds like you had fun.

    Sounds like the headmaster is having more fun though!

     
  • At 7/27/2006 11:42:00 AM, Blogger Sessy said…

    Other than putting them on your head and running, like some kind of finishing school test gone mental.....what exactly is the point of Quoits?

     
  • At 7/27/2006 12:51:00 PM, Blogger Godzilla said…

    G - I know they are, my harem would be predominantly brunette.

    Tich - you are very open minded!

    Snav - it was fun, but yes, he's having more I'm guessing. My view right now is mainly of men.

    Sessy - a good point, well made have a gander at this for more info (yes, I did look it up!):
    www.tradgames.org.uk/games/Quoits

     
  • At 8/11/2006 01:04:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Keep up the good work. thnx!
    »

     
  • At 8/16/2006 08:18:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
    »

     
  • At 2/05/2007 01:30:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Where did you find it? Interesting read » »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home