A Man of Numbers

Proof that Accountants are dull

Monday, April 10, 2006

That was a weekend?

Well, I find myself back at my desk, feeling like I was never away from it. There has been a cold bug doing the rounds of our house, and I thought I had escaped it's tendrils. I think drinking too much on Thursday night lowered my defences and the organism (yes that is organism) saw it's chance and struck. I started streaming on Friday afternoon and have suffered since. To be fair, all the rest of my household have had it in one form or another, so I was due a turn. I'm not one for moaning and retreating to bed, I think that's why I don't get so many of these things, positive thoughts keep me fairly well protected. I'm quite pleased and proud to say that I've never taken any antibiotics in my life so far, although there were one or two occasions in the past where I was wishing it was easy to get to see a doctor, but my body fought off whatever it was dealing with by itself. I wasn't best pleased yesterday though. Being the only driver in the house I was given the job of transporting Godzooky 1 to a classmate's birthday party. This was held at one of those huge kids play area things. This one appeared to have been converted from an aircraft hangar into the largest assembly of soft play equipment known to man. Two hours of constant child shrieking did my swollen sinuses and head no real favours. I was also trapped talking to another parent, who insisted on telling me everything that was wrong with her relationship and asking me whether she should leave him or give him another chance. WTF? I've just met you, know nothing of your history, am feeling like shit, like I already told you, but you are asking me what to do about your life? My annoyance really stemmed not from the small men hammering in my head, or the inane ramblings of the other parent, but from my inability to enjoy the surrounding as I would have liked to. Parents were also allowed to use the equipment, and as I already said, this was the most awesome collection of slides, climbing areas and ball pits I've ever witnessed. I did try to join in, but my internal alarm went off, warning me that I was in severe danger of puking if I carried on. Rather than be the first of the day to decorate the play area I retreated to what I thought was a safe place. Bah!

2 Comments:

  • At 4/10/2006 03:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ugh, that sucks Gozilla! I hope you're getting to feeling better!

     
  • At 4/11/2006 12:38:00 PM, Blogger Godzilla said…

    fluff - it was Head Over Heels in Chorlton, yes, that place, behind the Morrissons. I'll try and find out some more details for you...

    Thanks G, I am feeling perkier today.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home