A Man of Numbers

Proof that Accountants are dull

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Noisy Neighbours

I forgot to blog about this yesterday. Our adjoining neighbour was clearly celebrating his birthday this weekend, I say clearly as we had a birthday card for him delivered to our house by mistake. I took it round and wished him a happy birthday, now if I was planning a party, I would have taken that opportunity to warn my neighbour. Clearly our neighbour then wasn't planning a party. Or so I thought, until 2.30am on Saturday night/Sunday morning. Suddenly the sound of loud music came blaring through the house. Having woken, and thought I was dreaming, it became clear that this was in fact a nightmare. I ventured downstairs just to check that it was our neighbour and no-on ehad actually put on my stereo downstairs. I realised from the music that it was definitely our neighbour, made all the more stark by the sound of him singing along at the top of his voice. Hearing your drunken neighbour serenade his wife with a version of Lady In Red is something no-one should have to suffer, let alone at some awful time of the day. I assumed from the state of his voice that this wouldn't be a long recital. Another wrong assumption - the "music" (if you can call Brotherhood of Man, music) lasted until 3.30am, when he either passed out, or ran out of awful songs to play. A better man than me would have smiled to himself and wished his neighbour a speedy recovery from the impending hangover. I'm not that better man. Having got up with the children at 7am I resolved to fight fire with fire. I must have accidentally knocked the volume control on my stereo at 7.30am and some how also switched it on. I do hope that I didn't wake my lovely neighbour up, but judging by the throb of bass I could feel I doubt whether he would have slept through it. Somehow "Beat Dis" by Bomb the Bass made it into the CD player and it wasn't until the third playing of it that I realised where one of the samples must have come from: the sound of an alarm clock trilling in a shrill fashion. By then the children were enjoying the sound of it in the next room, so it would have been a shame to turn it off immediately, wouldn't it?

5 Comments:

  • At 4/11/2006 04:52:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HAHA, that's great! What goes around comes around. I do so hope he had a horrific hungover that morning that only intensified with your blaring music. People can be such jerks. He most definitely should have warned you, especially knowing that you have young children in the house. So rude.

     
  • At 4/12/2006 03:18:00 AM, Blogger Fig said…

    Oh you are so bad! hee! I love it!

     
  • At 4/12/2006 06:12:00 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    LOL - perfect!!!

     
  • At 4/12/2006 10:41:00 AM, Blogger Sessy said…

    I think that your neighbour should count himself lucky for getting off so lightly.

    Brotherhood of Man? At ass thirty in the morning?

    Surely there are laws against such things.

     
  • At 4/12/2006 12:55:00 PM, Blogger Godzilla said…

    I was quite satisfied with the results, I don't think we'll be getting a repeat performance in the near future, and relations still seem to be cordial....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home