A Man of Numbers

Proof that Accountants are dull

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Work Work Work

Another sizeable gap in posts - this time due to work constraints. I think I am part of some hybrid tolerance/hidden camera show test. No sooner do I manage to resolve problems with one area of work, and finally get things working on a regular basis, than I get assigned a new area of work. To be fair, this one doesn't have inherrent problems and does work quite smoothly on a month to month basis, but I was hoping for some sort of respite and the chance to take some holidays. Still no mention of remuneration fo rthis new area of work, just as there wasn't for the last one I took on. Apparently I have to wait for the new Pay and Gradings scheme to be launched in December. This is one of the pitfalls in working in Local Government - everything is tied up in red tape and bureacracy. If this were the real world I would be getting an nice enhancement to my salary about now. Still I can hopefully look forward to a sizeable back payment when/if things ever do get sorted. I hope that my new temp is up to the tasks needed. Rather worryingly the recruitment consultant described her as a "plodder" - which apparently is a compliment. It's meant to convey that she gets through the work without having aspirations - make of that what you will. Updates will no doubt follow

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home