A Man of Numbers

Proof that Accountants are dull

Monday, June 27, 2005

It couldn't last!

There I was all proud of two days consecutive posts and then I go and spoil it. In my defence I can only blog at work and whilst I was supposed to be on holiday for half the day, it turned into a full day, a fact totally beyond my control. Friday AM was the day of the first planned scan of this pregnancy, followed by an appointment with the midwife and obstetrician. As this was our third child, I assumed the whole process would be fairly painless and certainly not time consuming. How wrong can you be? First call the Ante-natal clinic to check in - then a walk across half of the hospital to the scanning department. A wait of half an hour, then a scan, coo at the blob on the screen and wait 10 minutes for the notes of the scan to be written up. Walk back to ante-natal again. Wait half an hour to see a midwife, talk through what will happen, copious notes taken, brief discussion of suspected miscarriage, to be discussed in detail with the consultant, and there's another 40 minutes gone. Another wait of 20 minutes to see the consultant and then the nitty gritty is sorted. Because of the planned caesarian required we've got a definite date of delivery 6 January 2005. The next issue discussed was the tying of my wife's tubes - makes sense to have it done while they're in there pulling out our next creation. Surprisingly the consultant brought it up before we had chance to - we had been warned that because this would be my wife's third caesarian it would likely be her last, due to the danger of scar tissue tearing, not a pleasant mental image. Whilst it was great to get reassurance that all is well and to receive a definite date of delivery, it meant that we spent from 9.05 am to 1.30 pm in the hospital. Making my return to work slightly impractical. It wasn't even the nicest of days either. Not only have I wrecked my blogging miracle, but I have now also created a deadline crisis for myself. Back to the grindstone.

1 Comments:

  • At 1/30/2007 01:45:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home