A Man of Numbers

Proof that Accountants are dull

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

House Hunting

Work is so dull and tedious at the moment (and that's an Accountant talking!) that I am resigned to blogging about home life for now. Home life being an apposite term at the moment, given my wife's new found lust for moving house. This came as a bit of a shock to me, especially as we found her "dream" home a mere two and a half years ago. OK, technically two and a half years isn't exactly a short time, it's longer than an "A" Level course, but it's sooner than I was hoping to move again. Moving house for me is similar to childbirth for women, (cue indignant gasps from any women reading this, but I did say similar) in that I find it incredibly uncomfortable, it drags on for what seems like an eternity and the painful memories stay with me for a long time. My wife is requesting, nay demanding a move because of the difficulty in delivering our son to school. This involves bus journeys to and from school (she is a non driver) taking our 11 month old daughter along for the ride. So she, sorry we, are aiming to move to a house within walking distance of the school. This is narrowing the potential house market somewhat! I am now resigned to truding round people's houses for the next few weeks, listening to their stories as to why they actually wanted a damp patch on their ceiling, with me nodding along, appearing to be the complete idiot they clearly think I am. I will update the progress....