A Man of Numbers

Proof that Accountants are dull

Friday, November 04, 2005

Disney

This picture makes me smile for various reasons: the main one is fairly obvious, a great idea well executed by the ladies involved. I also love it for the different approaches taken by the men in the picture. Central guy is brazen and forward in his request to be in the picture, the ladies seem quite complicit to the photo. It's the two guys on the left and right of the picture that really make me laugh. The one on the left is straining to get a view, but with a really disinterested look on his face. The guy on the right is getting a surreptitious view, but appears to have the facial expression of someone who is grinning. I should add that I am not in the picture, nor did I take it!

This picture is also a tribute to a work colleague who has just left on a three week holiday to Disney in Florida. He’s staying in one of the on site hotels for the duration of his vacation. He’s 49 and has no children. In fact he freely admits that he hates children, not to the point of killing them or anything, but cannot stand to be around loud, boisterous children. We cannot fathom why he has decided to spend a 3 week holiday in the Mecca for loud, boisterous children. I hope he has a good time, but cannot help think that he is going to endure a nightmare. Three weeks at Disney, even I , with children would baulk at the idea.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home