A Man of Numbers

Proof that Accountants are dull

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Hormonal Memory Loss and Auditory Time Travel

Pregnancy is such a lovely time, a lovely glow about the expectant mother, new sensations and experiences. However it’s not all good. This time my wife has had little sickness, she is suffering with heartburn, but the killer symptom of pregnancy this time is her memory loss. Last night whilst I was clearing things away in the kitchen, she came in and poured herself a glass of water and then left the room. She was gone about fifteen minutes and then returned. She asked me if I knew where she had left her drink. I pointed to it on the counter where she had left it, “Oh” she replied “I’ve just spent the last quarter of an hour looking for that”. My incredulous laughter brought forth another admission from earlier in the day. She had actually done the classic “Put Glasses on top of Head and then Misplace them” trick. She told me she had spent over an hour searching the house for them, resigned herself to using her spare pair, then when she put these on felt the first pair behind her ears. At least the house got well tidied while she looked for them. The memory loss is getting that bad that she sometimes starts talking to you, but immediately forgets what she was going to say. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Last night I spent more time playing old vinyl, and I came across a record that transported me back to my teenage years: George Best by The Wedding Present.

A real jangly guitar indie record, with lyrics that every teenager could identify with I must have walked past this doorway thirty times Just trying to catch you eye You made it all worthwhile When you returned my smile

It transported me back to a world of teenage parties and a carefree time

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home