A Man of Numbers

Proof that Accountants are dull

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

This Old House

Whilst sorting through a pile of papers last night I came across paperwork from our move into our current house. This revealed that the house is 100 years old this year. Given that there are only three months left of this year, I am now wondering what I should do to celebrate this momentous occasion for the house. The opportunity for a blazing firework display is denied by the law limiting the use of explosive celebratory projectiles to Bonfire Night and New Year’s Eve. Do houses get a congratulatory telegram from the Queen? Does she still send them to people reaching 100? Who will send her one if she reaches 100? Or is it all done by text message/email these days? Lots of questions – who has the answers? Hmmm might try Google…. Of course, as soon as I mentioned the fact to my wife she adopted a completely different approach: “I wonder how many people have died in this house?” She then launched into X-Files type theories about strange sensations she’d had around different parts of the house. She’s a cheery soul. At least Heir No.1 is recovering well, and Heir No. 2 hasn’t yet become transfixed by static on the TV, so I think we can rule out poltergeist activity.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home