A Man of Numbers

Proof that Accountants are dull

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Perfect Evening

Don’t you just love it when a plan comes together, even when there was no plan in the first place? I got home from work to be greeted by my daughter with a huge wet slobbery kiss, which was my own fault for getting her to remove her dummy before the greeting. She has developed a penchant for giving kisses recently, and ensures that everyone in the room gets one, once she has started giving them out. Putting on some music led to her dancing round the room like a lunatic, but the girl has certainly got some rhythm for a 16 month old. My son was still buzzing from the football match yesterday, and regaled me with his memories and best bits. He’s apparently told all his friends and teacher at school about it too, quite what they will have made of it from his recollection is uncertain to say the least. I gained huge amounts of brownie points by suggesting takeaway rather than cooking. More time gained for playing with the kids. Just 40 minutes later the most delicious smells were emanating from the kitchen after the food had been delivered. Possibly the best Indian takeaway in the world is within delivery distance for us, and the food is just indescribable – chicken tikka chat, tandoori chicken, rogan josh, garlic pilau rice. My mouth is actually watering from the memory of it all. Our daughter will eat just about anything, no matter what the taste, texture or spiciness. Our son requires some coaxing to be adventurous, but usually ends up eating more than his share. Once the children were in bed and settled, I opened a nice bottle of red and reflected that Monday’s weren’t always so bad after all; curled up with my wife on the sofa, feeling the occasional kick from our unborn son: absolute bliss. Sometimes the simple pleasures in life are the best.

4 Comments:

  • At 9/20/2005 02:47:00 PM, Blogger Fig said…

    Take away... or offering to do the cooking. I love that. Sounds like a lovely evening. I remember when my not so little one was small and kissing everyone. sigh....

     
  • At 9/20/2005 02:47:00 PM, Blogger Fig said…

    BTW... nice links ya got there... well done!

     
  • At 9/21/2005 01:02:00 AM, Blogger Ticharu said…

    I live 22 miles form the nearest restaurant, so when I want something different, I tell Wife-Slave. "Get in the kitchen woman! Fix us some dinner! What do you mean 'sod off'?"
    'Sod off' usually means I'm cooking again.

     
  • At 9/21/2005 08:11:00 AM, Blogger Godzilla said…

    Well, as I do most of the cooking, it was a treat for me as well, if I fess up. My intentions were to treat the ladies as they missed out on the boys trip. Everyone's a winner though!

    Ticharu - the cost/benefit analysis, says living that far from a restaurant is a good thing overall - peace and quiet rules!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home