A Man of Numbers

Proof that Accountants are dull

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Work Work Work

Right, I feel a bit lost at the moment, I’ve sweated my proverbials off to produce a draft budget for 2006. Then I discover that there are to be major operational changes next year which will mean I’ve got to re-do all the work in about a week. Thanks for that. Coupled with that sledgehammer blow, I have to spend the whole of this afternoon being trained how to carry out Performance Reviews (note the capitals, that’s how important they are!) Apparently this is to help us achieve the Investors In People accolade, to show what a great organisation we are. Sadly they will not be used to determine who gets a pay rise, although given my current targets that could be a good thing. My only hope for this afternoon is that it might leave me with some good blogging material. Oh, and I get to miss a scintillating team brief, which will probably be all about Dish the Dirt Day, which is this Friday. That’s a whole other story, one which I may return to tomorrow as well. It’s not as good as it sounds!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home